– The Permanent Fund Dividend Division
Dividend application processing and review will cease, as eligibility technicians will not be available to work with applicants. Depending on the length of a shutdown, the dividend payment timeline may be delayed for 2021.
– The Child Support Services Division – All new and active child support casework will likely cease.
– Customer service centers will likely be closed and unable to address phone questions or respond to written correspondence. While limited services will be maintained to collect and process payments for custodial parents, the division will be unable to accept in-person cash payments.
– The Tax Division – Pending system availability electronic tax payments will be accepted into state accounts, however there may be no staff available for processing those electronic deposits or handling of cash deposits. Auditing of taxes related to Oil & Gas, Corporate Income, Alcohol, Fisheries, Charitable Gaming, Tobacco, and others will likely cease. New tax licensing and processing for mining, alcohol, tobacco, fisheries, and charitable gaming would not be available.
– In the event of a prolonged shutdown, the division will be unable to issue cigarette tax stamps or pull tabs and those items could not legally be sold.
– Criminal Investigations Unit – Current investigations into suspected PFD and Tax fraud would be suspended.
– Unclaimed Property – All services will cease. The public will be unable to access information regarding suspected missing money or property that they may be entitled to.
Department of Revenue LINK: