Alaska’s Inaugural License Plate Design Competition
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 11, 2017
It’s our honor to introduce the panel of Alaskan celebrities who will help choose the aesthetic of license plates to be driven from Ketchikan to Kotzebue.
The panelists have been selected based on their life-long investment in things uniquely Alaskan and their diverse representation of what it means to be at home on the Last Frontier – not to mention their publicly-recognized good taste. These brave and discerning folks will sort through layers of license plate designs to choose a handful of finalists, which will then be voted on by the public to choose an ultimate winner. Then it’s in your hands.
The panelists are…
- Attorney, ex-surfer, doting grandmother, First Lady Donna Walker
- Pilot, teacher, Olympia Trialist, Senator Mia Costello
- Author, Inupiaq speaker, Rasmuson Foundation Program Officer Roy Agloinga
- Musician, business owner, Pamyua co-founder Phillip Blanchett
- Filmmaker, artist, political satirist Pat Race
- Artist, musician, fossil enthusiast, raconteur extraordinaire Ray Troll
- Musher, kennel owner, professional badass Aliy Zirkle
- Cellist, college creator, ultramarathoner Representative Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins
The design deadline is April 24, 2017.
The design guidelines, instructions for uploading, and example templates are posted at alaskaartisticlicense.org.
For more information, please contact Alicia Norton in Rep. Kreiss-Tomkins office at (907) 465-3732.