Press Availability Scheduled in Conjunction with Joint Armed Services Committee Meeting
Juneau – Joint Armed Services Committee (JASC) Co-Chairs Representative Scott Kawasaki (D-Fairbanks) and Senator Mia Costello (R-Anchorage) will host Alaska’s General Officers of the Armed Forces for questions from the press on Thursday, March 23rd.
The event will provide the Capitol press corps an opportunity to ask questions about armed forces activities in Alaska. The press availability follows the General Officers annual Joint Armed Services Committee briefing, which will be held March 23rd from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Senate Finance Committee Room.
The public and media are welcome to attend. For media unable to attend in person, participation is available by teleconference by calling toll free at (844) 586-9085.
WHO: Rep. Scott Kawasaki and Sen. Mia Costello
Major General Laurel J. Hummel
• The Adjutant General, Alaska National Guard
• Commissioner, Alaska Department of Military and Veterans’ Affairs
Rear Admiral Michael F. McAllister
• Commander, Seventeenth U.S. Coast Guard District
Major General Bryan R. Owens
• Commanding General, U.S. Army Alaska
Lieutenant General Kenneth S. Wilsbach
• Commander, Alaskan North American Aerospace Defense Command Region
• Commander, Alaskan Command
• Commander, Eleventh Air Force
WHERE: Speaker’s Chambers, Room 210, Alaska State Capitol, Juneau
WHEN: Thursday, March 23rd, 1:15 – 1:45 p.m.
Teleconference: 1 (844) 586-9085
Live stream: http://akl.tv
For more information, please contact Alaska House Majority Coalition Press Secretary Mike Mason at (907) 444-0889.