The Anchorage Pride Fest is described as this year’s must-attend event! There will be two live stages, over 150 vendors, a celebrity visit from Ginger Minj from RuPaul’s Drag Race, and more. I hope to see you downtown this Saturday, June 16th. The march starts at 11am.
Juneteenth celebrations have started! The second week of June is packed full of fun. It kicked off with the UAA Campus takeover with the Black Student Union on June 12th, and coming up next week :
· The Uhuru Freedom Show at the Wilda Marston Theatre this Saturday, June 16th;
· The Wakanda Cultural University for kids at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club on June 21st;
· The Teen Summit at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club from 6-9pm on June 22nd;
· The Citywide Park Celebration on Saturday, June 23rd from 12-5pm at the William B. Lions Park; and
· The Old School New School Mashup Showcase, location tbd, on June 23rd.
June 23, 12 pm to 3 pm - World Refugee Day and Grand Opening of Grow North Farm
Join us for a wonderful tradition of celebrating the many cultures that make Anchorage a special place to live. Free music and dancing for kids and families. Delicious foods for all. Located at 3543 Mountain View Dr.
July 25th from 12pm to 3pm, the Blood Bank of Alaska is hosting a summer barbecue in honor of blood donors, friends, and neighbors! Come celebrate the 56th anniversary of service in Alaska! Bring the family, and remember that you can always make an appointment to save a life at our local blood bank!
August 9th, from 4-7pm, Thread is hosting their 12th Annual Book Party in the Park! The Mountain View Library will have their famous book bike there, and I hope to see you there. I’m planning on reading aloud, if you have a good book suggestion, let me know!
As always, if you have any questions about upcoming events or legislation I'm working on, please reach out. We love hearing from you!