Over the next few weeks, remember that Kids Ride Free on Thursdays! From now until August 16th, People Mover will be allowing kids 5-18 to ride for free every Thursday. Please visit http://www.peoplemover.org/ to use our trip planner and start planning your summer activities using People Mover!
The Anchorage Pride Fest is described as this year’s must-attend event! There will be two live stages, over 150 vendors, a celebrity visit from Ginger Minj from RuPaul’s Drag Race, delicious food, beer, and I can’t wait to see you downtown on June 16th. The march starts at 11am.
Juneteenth is coming up! The second week of June is packed full of fun. It kicks off with the UAA Campus takeover with the Black Student Union on June 12th, and a series of events to follow:
· The Uhuru Freedom Show at the Wilda Marston Theatre on June 16th;
· The Wakanda Cultural University for kids at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club on June 21st;
· The Teen Summit at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club from 6-9pm on June 22nd;
· The Citywide Park Celebration on Saturday, June 23rd from 12-5pm at the William B. Lions Park; and
· The Old School New School Mashup Showcase, location tbd, on June 23rd.
June 23, 12 pm to 3 pm - World Refugee Day and Grand Opening of Grow North Farm
Join us for a wonderful tradition of celebrating the many cultures that make Anchorage a special place to live. Free music and dancing for kids and families. Delicious foods for all. Located at 3543 Mountain View Dr.
As always, if you have any questions about upcoming events or legislation I'm working on, please reach out. We love hearing from you!