Over the next few weeks, remember that Kids Ride Free on Thursdays! From now until August 16th, People Mover will be allowing kids 5-18 ride for free every Thursday. Please visit http://www.peoplemover.org/ to use our trip planner and start planning your summer activities using People Mover!
The 25th Annual Military Appreciation Dinner will be taking place on June 4th, from 11:30am- 2pm at the Dena'ina Center.
The Russian Jack Clean Up & Community Picnic will be next Saturday, June 9th , with the Clean Up being from 10am-12pm and the picnic from 12pm-2pm! We’ll be meeting at the shelter near Nola the Polar Bear and supplies for the clean up will be provided! I can’t wait to see you there! Bring the family!
The Anchorage Pride Fest is this year’s must-attend event! There will be two live stages, over 150 vendors, a celebrity visit from Ginger Minj from RuPaul’s Drag Race, delicious food, beer, and I can’t wait to see you downtown on June 16th! The march starts at 11am!
Juneteenth is coming up! During the second week of June, a week packed full of fun kicks off with the UAA Campus takeover with the Black Student Union on June 12th, with a series of events to follow:
· The Uhuru Freedom Show at the Wilda Marston Theatre on June 16th .
· The Wakanda Cutural University for kids at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club on June 21st .
· The Teen Summit at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club from 6-9pm on June 22nd.
· The Citywide Park Celebration on Saturday, June 23rd from 12-5pm at the William B. Lions Park.
· And the Old School New School Mashup Showcase, location tbd, on June 23rd.