Representative of Alaska House District 34
Juneau’s Mendenhall Valley, Airport, Auke Bay,
and Out the Road
State of Alaska
Capitol Bldg. Room 432
Juneau, AK 99801
Debate on the House Floor.
Representative Justin Parish’s
February 17, 2017
Hello friends and neighbors in Juneau and across Alaska! The days are getting brighter and the winter cold is starting to give way to fresh spring air. This is one of my favorite times of year.
Meeting with fellow University of Alaska Alumni.
First Month of Session
As of today, I have been your legislator for one month! I have been studying everything from oil taxes, to trail regulations, to classroom innovations! Every member of my team has been working smart and working hard. I want to thank everyone who has written, called, come by the office or stopped me on the street - you are why I am here. I am here to listen to you and to carry your will forward in the capitol.
A new team photo!
House Bill 115 Testimony
Today from 1:30 – 3:30, there will be testimony for HB 115. HB 115 is a practical plan to institute an income tax and restructure the Permanent Fund. We all need to pull together to keep this state a great place to grow up, to work, and to grow old. HB 115 is the only realistic option currently on the table. I’ve included a flier below for those interested in giving testimony.
There are quite a few local events coming up in Juneau! I’d like to extend an invitation to anyone following my updates.
- National Random Acts of Kindness Dance, Friday, February 17 at the JACC. Includes music by DJ Tunes starting at 7pm and a ‘Hustle’ dance lesson at 7:30. All proceeds benefit Juneau Ballroom Dance & the JACC.
- Free dental screenings for children, Saturday, February 25 at 2220 Dunn Street. From 12:30 – 4pm, the event will be educational and fun with prizes.
- Motown for Our Town fundraiser, Friday, March 3 at the JACC. Starting at 7:30pm, this is a fundraising event with all proceeds going to the new JACC.
- Girl Scout fundraising auction, Saturday, February 25 at the JACC. From 6-10pm, bid on airline tickets, condominium stays for vacations, artwork, helicopter tours and more, with proceeds benefitting Girl Scouts in Southeast Alaska.
Have a great week, and please do not hesitate to contact my office if you have any questions.
- Representative Justin Parish