Anchorage – Federal protections for patients with preexisting health conditions have been recently threatened on multiple levels. A rollback of these protections would have serious negative impacts on the Alaska economy and limit access to medical care for more than a quarter of all Alaskans.
On Friday June 22nd, lawmakers, state government officials, medical professionals, and patients will hold a joint press conference to discuss what potential changes would mean for Alaska.
Speakers will be available to answer questions following initial presentations.
Joint Press Conference on Protections for Preexisting Conditions
- Representative Ivy Spohnholz (D-Anchorage)
- Mike Navarre, Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development
- Dr. Jay Butler, Chief Medical Officer for the State of Alaska
- Dr. Alan Gross, Orthopedic Physician and Health Care Policy Advocate
- Leighan Gonzales, Sherri Roberds, Amanda Amodemo, and Joseph Amodemo; Patient Advocates
Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center, 4951 Business Park Blvd, Anchorage, AK 99503
Friday, June 22nd at 11:30 AM
For more information, please contact Alaska House Majority Coalition Deputy Press Secretary Drew Cason at (907) 575-2068.